Saturday, April 11, 2009

Know your Sonia Article

I recently read an article titled 'Know your Sonia'. It is about Sonia Gandhi, Leader of India's Congress party and Leader of Opposition in the Indian Parliament. The article is supposed to be written by politician/economist Dr. Subramanian Swamy. I am not sure about the authenticity/veracity of the article or the source. I found the article in the following blog post. Some of the allegations about Sonia Gandhi are grave and deeply concerning. In a nutshell, the main claims in the article were :-

1)Her real name is Antonia - not Sonia. (I think Jayalalitha revealed this in a public address during her spat with Sonia Gandhi. I wish I could remember when this happened). Her dad's name is Stefano Maino.
2)She has lied about her place of birth in her bio data submitted to Parliament when she became a MP - allegedly to cover up her family's ties to Nazi-fascist underground networks.
3)She lied about her education when she ran for Rae Bareli's Lok Sabha Elections.
4)The Mainos(again her original family name) minted millions of dollars by smuggling Indian goods/antiques through Air India and Al Italia from New Delhi and Chennai International Airports.
5)The Mainos have connection with terrorists(in Palestine, with LTTE!) and espionage organizations (KGB due to her dad's background)

 Note that if either 2) or 3) is true, she can be prevented from holding office. 4) is despicable 5) is alarming. 

I am going to do some more research on this as I am horrified by these claims. If you have any info/links to articles about this topic, please comment/share it with me. 

2 comments:

Nivi said...

Dont you just love elections :P

Dhivya said...

it all seems a bit to much to be true.

I mean she's got ties with the Nazis, palestinian terrorists, LTTE and the russian secret police- now come on!